Butt augmentation refers to several cosmetic procedures that improve the appearance of your (buttocks). Procedures may add volume, smooth wrinkled skin and lift excess sagging. The type of butt
surgery you have depends on your specific procedure. Butt augmentation has some risks, and recovery can take up to a few months.
Discover : How Effective Is Ultrasonic Liposuction?
What is butt augmentation?
Buttocks augmentation, also called gluteal , creates a rounder, firmer and more youthful-looking buttocks . the procedures can remove loose, sagging skin or enlarge a flatter surface. In some cases, your plastic surgeon may combine surgery techniques to give you the results you want.
Buttocks augmentation may use fat transfer, implants or lifting techniques to help shape and sculpt your buttocks.
What are the types of the surgery ?
it consists of three types:
- Butt implants: Your plastic surgeon inserts silicone implants into your butt to create a fuller shape.
- Brazilian butt lift (BBL): Your plastic surgeon removes fat from one part of your body (liposuction) and injects it into your butt for added volume.
- Butt lift: Your plastic surgeon removes excess skin to lift your butt for a smoother, more toned appearance.
Who is a good candidate for buttocks augmentation?
Each surgery uses a different technique. So, you may qualify for one procedure but not another. Talk to your plastic surgeon about the best butt augmentation option for you.
In general, you’re a good candidate for butt augmentation if you:
- Are healthy.
- Are prepared to deal with recovery.
- Don’t have a chronic condition that interferes with wound healing, such as diabetes.
- Don’t smoke.
- Have realistic expectations about your results.
Who isn’t a good candidate for butt augmentation?
People who aren’t good candidates for butt augmentation are typically in poor health or can’t quit smoking weeks before the procedure. Your goals and anatomy will also determine the type of butt augmentation surgery you have. For example, someone with a lean, slender frame may not be a candidate for BBL. And someone who has unstable weight shouldn’t have a butt lift.
How do I prepare for butt augmentation surgery?
Your plastic surgeon will give you instructions on how to best prepare for your surgery. You’ll need to stop:
- Smoking at least six weeks before your surgery.
- Taking medication that increases bleeding, such as aspirin, NSAIDs and herbal supplements.
What happens before butt augmentation surgery?
With all three type of surgeries, you may receive general anesthesia. Most people are asleep the entire time and don’t feel any pain. Your surgeon may also give you an antibiotic to prevent infection.
What happens during the surgery?
the surgery can take two hours or longer. Each butt augmentation surgery involves a different technique:
- Butt implants: Your surgeon makes an incision at the top or bottom of your butt, then inserts the implants inside or below your muscle.
- BBL: Your plastic surgeon removes unwanted fat by liposuction from one or several parts of your body, such as your stomach, hips or back. Then, they inject that fat into areas of your butt, below your skin.
- Butt lift: To pull up excess skin, your plastic surgeon makes an incision in your lower back or hips or below your butt cheeks. Your surgeon then closes the incision with stitches or another technique.
What happens after butt augmentation surgery?
After butt augmentation surgery, you may need to:
- Wait to shower for 24 to 48 hours.
- Sit on a pillow and sleep on your stomach.
- Some may use surgical drains.
- Wear compression garments.
You may also need to start (or keep) taking medications, including:
- Pain medication.
- Medicine to prevent blood clots.
- Stool softener.
RISKS / BENEFITS
What are the benefits of butt augmentation?
Butt augmentation changes the appearance of your butt, creating a rounder, more youthful shape. Each procedure has different benefits. For example:
- Butt implants are a long-term way to create a shapelier butt for people who don’t have enough fat on their bodies for BBL.
- BBL removes unwanted fat from other parts of your body and has a natural look and feel.
- Butt lifts permanently remove extra loose skin that exercise can’t tighten and create a smoother, less wrinkled surface.
What are the complications or risks of butt augmentation?
Butt augmentation risks range from mild to severe, depending on surgery type and other factors.
Working with a board-certified, experienced plastic surgeon can reduce risks. However, complications can occur with every type of butt augmentation, including:
- Build-up of fluid (seroma) or blood under your skin (hematoma).
- Chronic pain.
- Fat tissue death (fat necrosis).
- Incisions splitting.
- Permanent sensation loss.
- Fatal blood clots or fat clots that can travel to your heart and lungs.
- Permanent scarring.
- Severe infection.
- Undesirable appearance.
RECOVERY AND OUTLOOK
What is the recovery time for butt augmentation?
Butt augmentation has a long recovery. You may not be able to sleep or sit directly on your butt for up to several weeks. It typically takes a few months to a year to heal completely.
When can I get back to work and other activities?
You may need to wait several weeks to a month before returning to work. It may take more time before you can exercise or perform other strenuous activities.
WHEN TO CALL THE DOCTOR
When should I see my healthcare provider after butt augmentation surgery?
Talk to your plastic surgeon about signs that you need immediate medical help. Typically, you should call your surgeon if you experience:
- Chest pain.
- Excessive bleeding.
- Extreme pain.
- Severe swelling.
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea).
If you want to improve your aesthetics, let us provide you with an unforgettable experience. Our team of highly qualified surgeons is ready to accompany you towards a spectacular transformation! Don’t wait any longer and contact us now to make your dream of aesthetic body surgery come true. Together, let’s realize your vision of beauty!